The protection of your personal data is important and our concern
Concept for Change gemeinnützige UG (haftungsbeschränkt), feels obliged to protect your personal data and to comply with the applicable data protection laws. This data protection declaration (“declaration”) is intended to explain what types of information we collect in connection with our services, projects, and activities, and how we process them. It is for your information. If necessary, we will ask you for separate consent for processing personal data. “Personal data” within the meaning of this declaration is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. “Concept for Change” refers to Concept for Change gemeinnützige UG (haftungsbeschränkt), hereinafter also referred to as “we”, “us” or “our”.
You may receive additional or supplementary data protection information in connection with a specific service, project, and activity. In the event of any contradictions, this information takes precedence over this declaration. Third party software on your device may be accessing your data. Our services, projects and activities may contain links to websites and services of other companies that have their own data protection declarations. Concept for Change is not responsible for the privacy practices of other providers. We recommend that you read their data protection information.
You do not have to provide Concept for Change with any personal data. However, if you decide against the transmission of your personal data to us, we may not be able to provide you with our services, or not with the full range of functions, or we may not be able to answer any questions you may have.
What information do we collect?
Depending on which services you use, which projects and activities you participate in, and whether you have given your separate consent, we collect different personal data. For example, when you register for our newsletter, make donations, purchase something from us, use or register with us, take part in a survey, promotion, or campaign, or get in contact with us.
Personal data are details related to an individual or factual circumstances of a specific or identifiable natural person.
Below are examples of the different categories of data collected:
- Cookies and logfiles, which are small text files, might be collected with the use of services, participating in projects and activities, or visiting our website. This is done to optimize our website and to provide you with the best possible service.
- Information you provide: When for example you create an account, make a purchase, request a service, subscribe to newsletters, participate in a survey, campaign, project, or activity, make a donation, contact us, or for any other engagement, we will ask for information such as your name, e – E-mail address, telephone number, address, user names and passwords, feedback, your age, gender and language, your account number, credit card details and similar financial information in connection with the handling the related services or task. We also store data about your consents and preferences.
- Your transactions with us: For example, we store data about your purchases, downloads, donations, project and activities you have participated in, information through communication, the information you have given us through your inquiries, contracts between you and Concept for Change, provided services, payment and delivery details, and any other interactions with us. Unless you have objected to the recording, we may record your communication with us or similar contact points. This only happens after we have informed you about the recording and given you the opportunity to object to the recording.
- Positioning and location data: Concept for Change uses devices that store various location-related data and offers services that may require or use the use of your location data. We will not use this data to identify you without your consent.
Why do we process personal data?
Concept for Change processes your personal data for the following purposes. Several purposes can apply at the same time.
- Provision of services: Depending on which services you use and whether you have given your separate consent to this, we collect different personal data. This is done in order to make our services available, to be able to process orders or to fulfill the contract between you and Concept for Change, and to identify you, to prevent fraud and other misuse, and to investigate this.
- Accounts: Some of our services, projects and activities require an account through which you can manage your content and settings.
- Communication with you: We sometimes use your personal data to communicate with you, for example to provide information, to inform you about changes to our services or to provide you with particularly important notices and other notices, and you in questions to contact.
- Marketing, advertising, and recommendations: We use your data to contact you, to inform you about new services, projects, activities, or promotions, to send you recommendations, and to carry out market research. In this case, we can use your personal data to individualize our offer and to offer you services tailored to your needs. This can be content from Concept for Change and other providers. If you do not want this information, please contact us.
Concept for Change processes your personal data with your consent or to the extent necessary for the execution of transactions, the provision of services, or participation in projects and activities that you have requested or commissioned. We may also process your personal data if this is necessary to comply with legal regulations, to protect our customers, volunteers and our employees, to ensure the safety of our services, projects and activities, and to protect our rights and property.
Passing on your personal data
- Without your separately declared consent, we do not sell or rent your personal data to third parties or pass them on to third parties in any other way, unless otherwise specified below.
- Your consent and social networks: We will pass on your personal data to social networks if we have your consent. Please check carefully whether you are passing on personal data or other information that may be accessible to other users.
- Concept for Change and Authorized Third Parties: We pass on your personal information to authorized third parties who process personal data for Concept for Change, using the purposes described in this statement.
- We may also conduct marketing and other communication activities together with authorized third parties as our partners. In order to avoid duplicate and unnecessary communication and to tailor the messages to you, we may have to compare data that Concept for Change has collected with data from the partner; the comparison only takes place within the legally permissible framework.
- These third parties authorized by Concept for Change may not use your personal data for other purposes. We oblige you to process the data in accordance with this declaration and to take appropriate protective measures for your personal data.
- International transfer of personal data: Our activities may be provided using servers and servers that are operated in several countries around the world. For this reason, your personal data can also be transferred to other countries that are not identical to the country in which you use the services or take part in projects and activities. This can also include countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) in which there are either no or differing legal regulations on the protection of personal data. In such cases, we use the mechanisms provided for this to ensure the protection of your personal data in accordance with the applicable law and we demand compliance with technical and organizational security measures.
- Mandatory transfer: We may be legally obliged to pass on your personal data to certain authorities or other third parties, e.g. to law enforcement agencies in countries where we or third parties acting on our behalf.
Guarantee of data protection for minors
Concept for Change’s services, projects and activities are typically aimed at the public. Concept for Change does not knowingly collect information from minors who are not at least 13 years old or who have not reached the minimum age applicable under applicable law without the consent of their parents or legal guardians.
Guarantee of data quality
We take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the personal data we hold and to delete incorrect or unnecessary personal data. We store your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes stated in this declaration or is otherwise communicated to you, unless the law requires a longer period.
We encourage you to occasionally access your personal information through your account or to contact us, to help us ensure that the data is still up to date.
Ensuring the security of personal data
Data protection and security are important aspects in the development and execution of our services, projects and activities. We have created areas of responsibility for data protection and data security issues. Our internal guidelines are implemented through appropriate measures. To ensure online and physical security and to minimize the risk of data loss and similar risks, we take appropriate measures, taking into account the respective risk associated with the processing and the type of the protected data. In addition, we limit access to our databases with personal data to authorized persons who have a legitimate interest in accessing this data.
There may also be external elements on our domains that store cookies on behalf of third parties, e.g. in relation to a social network.
You have the following rights with regard to your personal data processed by Concept for Change:
- Information: You have the right to find out what personal data we have stored about you and to receive a copy of this data.
- Portability: In accordance with the applicable regulations, you can have the personal data that you have made available to Concept for Change in a machine-readable format.
- Correction and deletion: You have the right to have incomplete, incorrect, superfluous or outdated personal data about you deleted or updated.
- Revocation of consent: You can revoke your consent to the processing of personal data by Concept for Change
- Cancellation of subscriptions and objection: You have the right to cancel subscriptions to direct marketing communications and to request that we stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes or for other reasons. Even if you have been removed from Concept for Change’s distribution list for communications for marketing or other purposes, we can still send you particularly important warnings.
You can exercise your rights by managing your account and your options through our services, projects, and activities, or if this is not possible by contacting us. In some cases, if you want to revoke your consent, would like us to delete your personal data, or stop processing it, this may mean that we can no longer provide the services to you.
If you are not satisfied with our response to exercising your rights, please let us know. If you are still not satisfied, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority.
Responsible for your personal data
Concept for Change gemeinnützige UG (haftungsbeschränkt), Bahnhofstrasse 8, 32676 Lügde, Germany is responsible for the processing of your personal data.
Please direct questions about Concept for Change data protection practices to:
Concept for Change gemeinnützige UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Changes to this policy
Concept for Change can change this declaration at any time with or without notice. However, if this declaration changes in a significant and disadvantageous way, Concept for Change will place a reference to this change for a period of 30 days at the beginning of this declaration and on the homepage of the website. We recommend that you review this statement from time to time to become aware of changes to the statement.